Follow Us:
facebook twitter linkedin youtube flickr
Great Valley Center News Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Great Valley Leadership Institute, Class X

In the fast-changing Central Valley, our leaders need to make wise decision about our communities, resources and infrastructure. The Great Valley Leadership Institute (GVLI) equips elected officials with the skills, knowledge, and inspiration they need to guide the Valley to the best possible future.

GVLI is a 4 1/2 day program that allows elected officials the opportunity to spend time with expert faculty on topics such as community building, effective negotiations, thinking ethically, creating coalitions, and working with the media. This year's Institute took place earlier this month at Tenaya Lodge in Fish Camp, CA. 18 members of school boards, city councils and county boards of supervisors participated.

Here's what participants of GVLI Class X had to say about their experience:

"Eye opening experience that will help me find the best in me and stimulate me to dig deep and find all that I have to offer."

"Empowered me and has given me increased awareness of the need to create change and accomplish my purpose for being an elected."

"The dynamic scholars and GVLI staff are an exceptional asset to this program. Thank you for making such a difference in my life."

GVLI was underwritten by the California State Association of Counties, League of California Cities, Comcast, and Southern California Edison.

Check out the pictures from this year's class below:


0 comments: